Sunday, November 28, 2010

Post Project Reflection-School Grounds Clean Up


Project Name: Campus Clean Up

Group Members: Karan G, Drew H, Allison D, Cole S, AJ S, Anna S, Royce L, Katie M, Isaiah B, Roman V, Salina A, Lianda A, Gerson G

Overall, I thought this project was successful.  All of the teachers were tended to and there was a fair distribution of work.  People finished at a reasonable time and were able to leave when they were done.  The teachers were able to have the odds and ends of their room that the janitor doesn’t normally work on tidied up.  However, one thing that went wrong was how some of my volunteers bailed out last minute, so I had to find a sufficient amount of replacements last minute.  This is something that seems to happen pretty often, so I need to find a better way to deal with it in the future.  But, one thing that did go well was that we still had enough people show up where everyone only had to work on one or two rooms.  In the past, whenever there was a lack of volunteers, I had to assign multiple rooms to volunteers.  I thought the distribution of work was very even and nobody had to work too much.  Furthermore, the cleaning pairs worked very well together and there weren’t any problems with how the group worked.  During my time, I tried to go around to each room and check in with each of the cleaning pairs.  When most of the volunteers had finished, I stayed and helped clean up Room 2 with another volunteer.  Aside from figuring out a better way to deal with volunteers bailing out last minute, I don’t think there were any problems with the actual cleaning.  Teachers had the necessary supplies and if they didn’t, volunteers could just borrow from the janitor or another teacher. 

My next project will be a lunchtime spirit competition.  I wrote a project outline for it in my previous blog entry.

Pictures of the campus clean up are also available on the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment